donderdag 28 maart 2019

Liturgy of the Hours - Canticle "The Lord will renew his people"

Canticle

The Lord will renew his people

I will give you a new heart, and put a new spirit in you.
I will take you from among the Gentiles,
  I will bring you together from all the earth,
  I will lead you into your own land.
I will pour clean water on you,
  and you will be cleansed from your filth:
  from all your worship of idols I will cleanse you.
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you.
I will take the stone heart from your breast and put a heart of flesh in its place.
I will put my spirit among you,
  so that you will walk in the paths of my law,
  keep my judgements and obey them.
You shall live in the land I gave to your fathers.
You shall be a people for me, and I will be your God.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
  as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
  world without end.
Amen.
I will give you a new heart, and put a new spirit in you.