donderdag 9 maart 2017

Liturgy of the Hours Thursday of the 1st week of Lent - The word of the Lord is a shield

Office of Readings

Psalm 17 (18) - Thanksgiving

The word of the Lord is a shield for all who make him their refuge.

The Lord’s ways are pure;
  the words of the Lord are refined in the furnace;
  the Lord protects all who hope in him.
For what God is there, but our Lord?
  What help, but in the Lord our God?
God, who has wrapped me in his strength
  and set me on the perfect path,
who has made my feet like those of the deer,
  who has set me firm upon the heights,
who trains my hands for battle,
  teaches my arms to bend a bow of bronze.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
  as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
  world without end.
Amen.

The word of the Lord is a shield for all who make him their refuge.