zondag 14 mei 2017

Liturgy of the Hours Magnificat My soul rejoices in the Lord

Canticle  Magnificat

My soul rejoices in the Lord

‘Lord, let us see the Father and then we shall be satisfied.’ Jesus replied: ‘Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? To have seen me is to have seen the Father.’ Alleluia.


My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God, my salvation.
For he has shown me such favour –
me, his lowly handmaiden.
Now all generations will call me blessed,
because the mighty one has done great things for me.
His name is holy,
his mercy lasts for generation after generation
for those who revere him.
He has put forth his strength:
he has scattered the proud and conceited,
torn princes from their thrones;
but lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things;
the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel,
he has remembered his mercy as he promised to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children for ever.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.
 
‘Lord, let us see the Father and then we shall be satisfied.’ Jesus replied: ‘Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? To have seen me is to have seen the Father.’ Alleluia.